Thank you for visiting our website, including our mobile device-ready version. MSG Staffing, Inc. and our affiliates (together, “MSG” or “we”) strive to make our website a useful tool and a rewarding experience for our customers/applicants/candidates by tailoring the content to your personal needs and interests. This way, the content of our website will be as relevant as possible for you, the customer/applicant/candidate. We hope that you find our website to be a useful part of your experience. In this regard, MSG is an online platform for job search and placement activities (“Services”).
This policy was implemented as of April 7, 2021 and applies to information collected on this website and those of our affiliates (together, “our website” or “the website”) and covers the following areas:
- What personally identifiable information is collected by MSG or by any third party through our website;
- How MSG uses this information;
- With whom MSG may share this information;
- What choices are available to you as a user of our website with respect to collection, use and distribution of the information; and
- What types of security procedures are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under our control.
1. Information Collection and Use
MSG collects two different types of information through our website: anonymous information and personally identifiable information.
Anonymous Information. We collect and store anonymous, aggregate information (such as internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser types, search engines, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks) from all visitors to our website. You may search our website for Services and other information provided through our website without ever submitting your name, email address or any other personally identifiable information. The anonymous information that we do collect from your visit is never linked to any of your personally identifiable information until you voluntarily submit that personal information, in which case some otherwise anonymous information may be connected to your website activity and personal account. Otherwise, the anonymous information is only used in the aggregate to analyze trends, administer the website, diagnose any problems, track a visitor’s movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. We may provide this anonymous information in aggregate form to other parties or use it for our own insight or marketing purposes. Our ability to use this information is not restricted in any way.
We also use “cookies” and “image tags” to collect certain usage information from all customers and visitors to our website. A “cookie” is a small text file that a website can place on your computer’s hard drive or on your mobile device’s memory in order to collect information about your activities on our website. An “image tag,” also known as a clear GIF or web beacon, works together with cookies and is a small image file that may be located in various areas of our website. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you have the option to change your browser setting to decline them.
Accepting cookies in no way gives us access to your computer or any personal information about you, since cookies are not used to identify anonymous website visitors. Our cookies enable you to proceed smoothly through our website and know whether you’ve used it before, so as to eliminate some steps that apply to new visitors. Cookies also give us usage data like how often you visit, where you go on our website, and what you do while here.
Some browsers have a “do not track” feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. These features are not yet uniform, so we are not currently set up to respond to those signals.
Personally Identifiable Information. We require the submission of certain personally identifiable information when you use some Services available on our website, which may include, without limitation, (1) educational information, (2) employment history, (3) financial information, to the extent permitted by law, (4) family details (dependents, ages, marriage, prior marriage), (5) Home address (current, past), home telephone, cell phone, (6) Social security status, (7) driver’s license, and (8) race/gender. For example, your use of your user name and password allows us to identify you as our customer/applicant/canddiate who is seeking information in connection with our Services. Our website uses a variety of contact forms and tracking phone numbers for visitors to request information, products, and services. We collect a visitor’s contact information (like his or her email address or phone number) and in some cases, demographic information (like his or her zip code). We use this information to get in touch with our prospective customers/applicants/candidates about their requests, and to send them additional information about our services.
Any financial information we collect is used to check the qualifications of our prospective customers and bill for Services ordered. The collection, use and storage of your financial information for engaging our Services may be subject to additional privacy policies and if so, you will be notified of them at the time of any such collection, use or storage of your financial information as required by law.
Our online surveys may ask visitors for contact information (like an email address or phone number) which they may voluntarily provide. We also may run contests on our website in which we ask visitors for similar contact information in order to participate. We use contact information from our surveys and contests to send information about services to these participating visitors.
2. Our Use Restrictions on Your Personally Identifiable Information
MSG does not sell, rent, or share personally identifiable information to or with any third party not affiliated with or owned by MSG, except as requested by you or to service providers who may assist us in such areas as our Services and data storage. MSG will never give or sell your personally identifiable information to unaffiliated third parties to be used for the purposes of sending you unsolicited commercial offers, such as spam. We may, however, use your personal information to send you commercial offers in e-mails from MSG or its affiliated companies, which do not relate to the services you have requested. You may altogether avoid or opt out of these marketing campaigns (see “Opting Out” below).
Additionally, we may share your information for the following business and commercial purposes:
- when you elect to engage in a Service we provide, we share your information with a third party who is seeking a job, job placement, or has initiated a job search (i.e. applicants, candidates, or MSG client) so that the third party can, for example, consider the job order or application. Once we share your personal information in accordance with the foregoing, it is then controlled by that company or person and becomes subject to their privacy practices.
- for compliance purposes like payment processing, tax purposes, and identity verification.
- at your direction, including, without limitation, sharing with third-party sites or platforms, such as social networking sites, and public forums.
3. Disclosure of Personal Information As Required By Law or Otherwise
We will disclose personal information when required by law, or if we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on us or to comply with the request of a law enforcement agency, (b) protect and defend our rights, or (c) protect the rights, property, and other interests of our users or others.
MSG takes commercially reasonable precautions to protect your personally identifiable information. For example, we encrypt communications through our website with commercial strength encryption generally used by our industry. However, given the nature of the Internet and the fact that network security measures are not perfect, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information. If we are required to provide notice to you of a data security breach, the notice will be provided in electronic form.
6. Your Consent and Notification of Changes
7. Opting Out
If for any reason you would like to be removed from our customer list, simply send an email to email@example.com or mail to 25 Union St, Second Floor, Worcester, MA 01608.
8. California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you may request that we provide to you:
- a list of the categories of personal information about you that MSG collects and has disclosed to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes during the calendar year preceding your request;
- the names and addresses of such third parties;
- if the nature of the third parties’ business cannot reasonably be determined from their names, examples of the products or services marketed, if known to MSG, sufficient to give you a reasonable indication of the nature of the third parties’ business; and
- delete any of your personal information, subject the exceptions permitted by law;
To submit your request, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to 25 Union St, Second Floor, Worcester, MA 01608.
9. Personal Data of EU, U.K. and Swiss Residents
Our website is controlled and operated from the United States, and is not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States. We do not represent or warrant that the site or any part thereof is appropriate or available for use in any particular jurisdiction other than the United States. In choosing to access our website, you do so on your own initiative and at your own risk, and you are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules and regulations. We may limit our website’s availability, in whole or in part, to any person, geographic area or jurisdiction we choose, at any time and in our sole discretion.
Nevertheless, for users who are located in the European Union, United Kingdom and Switzerland, all processing of such users’ personal data by us will be performed in accordance with privacy rights and regulations following the GDPR or UK DPA, as applicable.
Under the GDPR and/or DPA you have a number of important rights. In summary, those include rights to:
- Fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information;
- Require the correction of any mistake in the personal information that we hold about you;
- Require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations;
- Receive the personal information concerning you that you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit that data to a third-party in certain situations;
- Object at any time to the processing of your personal information for direct marketing;
- Object to decisions being taken by automated means that produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you;
- Object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information; and
- Otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, guidance is available from applicable data protection authorities. For example, the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (the “ICO”) has issued guidance on individuals’ rights under the GDPR: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please:
- Email us at to email@example.com
- Provide proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driver’s license or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill); and
- Provide the information to which your request relates.
You have the right, at any time, to lodge a complaint about the processing activities of your personal information by us with the ICO, or other competent supervisory authority.
10. Claims of Infringement
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you believe in good faith that materials hosted by MSG infringe your copyright, you (or your agent) may send us a notice requesting that the material be removed, or access to it blocked. The notice must include the following information as required by 17 USC.§ 512(c)(3)(A): (a) a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; (b) identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed (or if multiple copyrighted works located on the site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works); (c) identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or the subject of infringing activity, and information reasonably sufficient to allow MSG to locate the material on the site; (d) the name, address, telephone number, and email address (if available) of the complaining party; (e) a statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (f) a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed. If you believe in good faith that a notice of copyright infringement has been wrongly filed against you, the DMCA permits you to send MSG a counter-notice. Notices and counter-notices must meet the then-current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA (http://www.loc.gov/copyright/ for details). Notices and counter-notices with respect to the Site should sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to 25 Union St, Second Floor, Worcester, MA 01608.
We suggest that you consult your legal advisor before filing a notice or counter-notice. Also, be aware that there are penalties for false claims under the DMCA.