Registered Nurse #240483
Category: Registered Nurse
Date: March 19, 2021
Currently looking for Registered Nurses – for Residential Program in Dedham Ma
will also consider LPN's-RN's preferred
Full time/ Part time and Per Diem positions available
Day, Evening and Night shifts available
The Registered Nurse provides direct patient care under the supervision of the Chief Nursing Officer, Nurse Manager, Nursing Supervisor, or designee.
Available Hours: Full time positions (32 – 40 hours per week) and Part time positions (24hours per week) and Per Diem positions
Available Shifts: Days (7:00am-3:30pm), Evenings (3:00pm -11:30pm) and Nights (11:00pm-7:30am) with rotating weekends (for PT and FT positions)
Primary responsibilities include:
- Assume full and ultimate responsibility for the quality of nursing care provided to residents, including maintaining optimal resident health, teaching, counseling, collaborative planning and restoration of optimal function.
- Incorporate knowledge and understanding of our commitment to patient rights, our mission, vision, and values into nursing practice at Walden Behavioral Care.
- Act as a resident advocate and assists residents in developing skills to advocate for themselves
- Document all appropriate resident information in a timely manner
- Perform comprehensive nursing assessments on all patients, inclusive of the biopsychosocial and medical history with consideration to age, mental, social and physical status and response.
- Complete and document ongoing assessment of residents’ normal and abnormal statuses and respond appropriately.
- Assess and communicate with the registered dietician any special nutritional or dietary requirements.
- Assess vital signs and report abnormalities to the Medical Staff.
- Develop resident specific crisis plans designed to assist residents in maintaining safety and reducing need for external intervention.
- Actively participate in the development of residents’ master treatment plans with the treatment team.
- Practice within the general policies, philosophy, and objectives of the Department of Nursing and the hospital.
- Provide nursing care in a therapeutically effective manner demonstrating sound clinical and professional judgment and competency.
- Participate in community meetings and group therapies when assigned.
- Assess unit milieu and maintain a safe, therapeutic environment for residents, family members and staff.
- Complete resident rounds in a timely manner in accordance with requirements and accurately document resident observations.
- Provide ongoing resident/family education relative to each resident.
- Accurately enter medication and treatment orders in the EHR and maintain medication administration record (MAR).
- Accurately and safely administer prescribed medications and treatments to residents using correct methods of administration.
- Evaluate and document resident response to medication regimen and identify needs to administer PRN medication and document effectively.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program
- Minimum of 2 years’ prior relevant psychiatric experience
- Massachusetts RN license
- CPR Certification required prior to employment
- Must possess knowledge of general and psychiatric nursing processes, therapeutic relationships and processes, age specific growth and development, limit setting, behavior and crisis management
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize independently
- Ability to multi-task in a changing and fast paced mental health environment
- Ability to work in a highly collaborate, team environment
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Reports to Chief Nursing Officer, Nurse Manager, Nursing Supervisor, or designee
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive Benefits Package (Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage)
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical and dependent coverage
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off
- Unparalleled mentoring in support
- Many more!
About Walden Behavioral Care. Walden Behavioral Care is a rapidly-growing, national mental healthcare system specializing in the treatment of eating disorders and mental health conditions. We are one of the only organizations in the country to welcome individuals of all ages and all genders at all levels of care. Since 2003, we have helped more than 20,000 individuals progress in their path to healing. With 15 locations and more than 450 dedicated care professionals across Connecticut, Massachusetts and in Georgia, we are committed to changing lives, one person at a time. Using evidence-based treatment, proven to support long-term recovery, we are passionate about providing all individuals with the specialized care they need and deserve.
At Walden we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workplace, where we celebrate our employees, our patients and the communities we work with. In recruiting for our team we welcome the unique contributions only you can bring in terms of your education, culture, opinions, experience and background. Join us and find out how you can make a difference today.
At Walden all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.