Overnight Residential Counselor -Substance Recovery #239398
Category: Residential Councilor / Mental Health
Date: September 15, 2020
MSG Staffing is a leading staffing solutions provider of per diem / temporary placements for medical, healthcare, and allied healthcare positions. We connect qualified professionals with our vast and expanding opportunities.
We are seeking an experienced Residential Counselor (RC) to become a part of our empathetic care giving PER DIEM team. Under the direct supervision of the designated Head Nurse, the RC demonstrates proficiency in administering the fundamentals of the direct care supervision and participates in the evaluation of patient safety and illness.
- Admissions: Assist with the client admission process by completing all documentation accurately. Searches all client belongings for contraband. Orients clients to the unit and to the CHL substance abuse/Detox rules. Provides coverage to the front desk when needed.
- 2. Milieu Management: Routinely monitors client location and condition every hour during all three shifts. Directs clients to assigned groups and/or to assigned chores. Wakes clients in a respectful manner every morning as they request that the client get ready for breakfast. Ensures that clients maintain their respective personal areas in a clean and safe manner. For the safety of all people on the floor food is not allowed in individual rooms. Snacks may be eaten in either one of the group rooms. Two (2) RC’s are to accompany clients to meals and one (1) RC will accompany client to appointments, as necessary.
- 3. Facilities Management: All RC’s are to participate in facilities management. When checking on the well being of clients each RC will also check the laundry, restrooms/showers, group rooms and the general condition of the unit. Dirty linen and trash should be taken down to the basement and deposited in the appropriate bins at the end of the shift or whenever there is time.
- 4. Client Education: Respectfully confronts clients displaying disruptive or “active” behavior and introduces the client to appropriate coping strategies. Articulates risk of relapse to clients considering leaving against medical advice (AMA) and attempts to resolve their “reasons for leaving”.
- 5. Communications: In order to facilitate the continuous provision of safe and high quality care the Residential Counselor documents relevant information onto appropriate sheets and boards, participates in daily change of shift report, notifies the supervisor of any identified problem or deficiency on the unit, and answers the telephone in a professional manner while documenting all relevant information.
- 6. Supplies: Maintains unit supplies (linen, personal hygiene articles, etc.) by obtaining them and signing out from the appropriate storage unit and makes them available to the clients.
- 7. Other Duties: Other related duties as assigned by the Program Supervisor(s)
- High School Diploma
- CPR Certification
- 1 year of substance abuse setting experience
- Valid Driver’s License
- Clean CORI and DCF background check.
- MAP Certification (preferred but not needed)
MSG Staffing offers industry-leading benefits for contract assignments which include:
- Competitive salary, negotiable based on relevant experience
- Fun and positive work environment
- Paid time accrued (PTA)
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K plan with employer contribution
- This role may include generous Referral Bonuses (varies from each position referred, and there’s no limit to the referrals you can make!)
MSG Staffing is dedicated to connecting Healthcare Professionals with the right opportunity. We work to eliminate barriers in your job search to help you get to work faster. We do this by taking the time to understand your skills, experience, and what you are looking for in your next opportunity. This helps us build a strong profile so we can better represent you to the facilities we have partnered with, so we can present you with the very best opportunities.