Overnight LPN – Adult Inpatient Addiction Program #239400
Category: Residential Councilor / Mental Health
Date: September 15, 2020
MSG Staffing is a leading staffing solutions provider for medical, healthcare, and allied healthcare positions. We connect qualified professionals with our vast and expanding opportunities.
We are seeking an experienced Licensed Practical Nurse to become a part of our compassionate care giving team. Under general supervision, the nursing assistant performs nursing procedures and patient care tasks.
1. Renders and supervises care of patients on the unit. Ensures safety of all clients on unit.
2. Monitors medication in consultation with the Medical Director and on call physicians. Properly documents all medication per program requirements. Administers medication as prescribed by physicians per program requirements. This may include injections. Provides information and teaching about medication. Works with clients and case managers to ensure all medications are obtained for discharge.
3. Participates in the evaluation of client’s condition and progress with other team members.
4. Observe and assess patients for medical clinical signs and symptoms or withdrawal and follows prescribed course of treatment, with notification to the Medical Director as needed.
5. Communicates and documents all pertinent information related to client’s condition and effects of treatment to team members.
6. Reports to Administrator on call, all emergency, medical and disciplinary situations that require administrative intervention.
7. Participates with other staff members in implementing program objectives and philosophy.
8. Participate in regularly scheduled meetings, attends conferences and in-services to keep abreast of new trends in nursing practice. Attends trainings on Medication Assisted Treatment to be knowledgeable and able to provide client education and medication as prescribed.
9. Performs related duties as assigned by Program Director, Nursing Supervisor and/ or Director of Nursing.
10. Completes narcotic count on each shift ensuring accuracy or per program requirements.
11. Must be able to bend, kneel and stand for periods of time in order to assist clients when necessary and follow treatment protocols.
12. Administer emergency care (i.e. CPR, seizures), makes referrals to Emergency Room as necessary.
13. Assess daily patient care needs in conjunction with the clinical, case management and medical team.
14. Work with clients to coordinate care with their PCP, psychiatrist, and other professionals, including but not limited to medication refills and f/u medical appointments.
15. Work with clients to obtain a PCP, other professional caretakers as needed, e.g. psychiatrist, therapist, dentist.
16. Coordinates urgent care visits as needed.
17. Resolves problems on the unit before he/she reports off and communicates any pertinent information to all oncoming staff and on call manager as needed.
18. Reports to the Program Director, Nursing Supervisor, Nurse Manger or on call manager all issues on the unit.
- LPN License
- At least 1 year in substance abuse setting
- Clean CORI and DCF background check
MSG Staffing offers industry leading benefits for contract assignments which include:
- Competitive salary, negotiable based on relevant experience
- Paid time accrued (PTA)
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K plan with employer contribution
- This role may include generous Referral Bonuses (varies from each position referred, and there’s no limit to the referrals you can make!)
MSG Staffing is dedicated to connecting Healthcare Professionals with the right opportunity. We work to eliminate barriers in your job search to help you get to work faster. We do this by taking the time to understand your skills, experience, and what you are looking for in your next opportunity.