Hospice Support Nurse #240831
Category: All Clinical Specialties
Type: Home Care
Date: May 3, 2021
currently seeking a RN /LPN to become a part of our compassionate caregiving team.
Under the general direction of the Director of Hospice & Palliative Care, actively performs job duties in a manner that will promote and enhance the hospice’s mission of providing exceptional service and quality care to patients and families. Duties require that exercise of discretion and judgment to accomplish desired results with and through assigned staff.
Conduct all activities in full compliance with all relevant laws and with regulatory requirements affecting the agency. Comply with the agency Code of Ethics, Code of Conduct and other policies as set forth by the agency.
Evening/ Weekend Manager On Call responsibilities are included in this Hospice Support Nurse Role
Be courteous and respectful of fellow employees, patients and families of the agency.
- Establish and maintain professional relationships
- Discuss hospice and palliative care services with referral sources and families answering questions and identifying services available for referred or future patients
- Coordinate patients’ supply and DME needs
- Assist with ensuring patients’ medications are provided on a timely basis
- Clearly communicate patients needs to appropriate individuals
- Participate in the agency QAPI program as assigned by the Director of Hospice & Palliative Care, identifying areas for improvement in job functions and reporting these to supervisor the proper performing and recording of quality control tasks as assigned
- Accurately and efficiently input into the computer system patient referrals, interoffice referrals, cancellations and any other information impacting patient care
- Triage Calls from patients, families and/or referral sources to ensure clini8cal outcomes are achieved
- Accurately and efficiently coordinate the weekly IDG meetings for the hospice program
- Act as a resources to the HLC staff to ensure quality patient care
- If required, provide skilled nursing care to patients in the community and inpatient setting in accordance with Agency policies and procedures
- Assist with referring patients to community agencies, health providers and other services as appropriate to meet the needs of the patient/ family
- Track data as requested by the Director of Hospice & Palliative Care
- Assist with other team members to plan care to meet patient needs
- Maintain a working knowledge of community resources
- Coordinate home health aide service and other disciplines as needed
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and educational programs
- Assume responsibility to maintain and upgrade professional knowledge and skills through attendance and participation in continuing education and in- service programs
- Assess patient/caregiver response to HLC protocols for symptom management via telephone triage
- Assists in educating clinical staff, physicians, patients and community groups about the benefits of Hospice Care
- Will adhere to the Agency policies, which includes the Corporate Responsibility Program
- Communicate with customers in a competent, respectful manner to encourage positive attitudes about the Agency
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Actively perform job duties in a manner that will promote and enhance the organization's mission of providing high quality services to all of its patients.
- Conduct all activities in full compliance with all relevant laws and with regulatory requirements affecting business of the agency. Comply with the agency Code of Ethics, Code of Conduct and other policies such as HIPAA as set forth by the agency.
- Participate in the agency process improvement plan through involvement in process improvement committees as assigned by supervisor, identifying areas for improvement in job functions and reporting these to supervisor, and performing and recording quality control tasks as assigned.
- To be courteous and respectful of fellow employees, patients and customers of the Agency.
- Establish and maintain positive interpersonal relationships that promote a willingness to work with others cooperatively and collaboratively.
- Adhere to agency policies and work standards on confidential information.