bi-lingual (Spanish/ English) Registered Nurses and/or Licensed Practical Nurses to #240829
Category: Licensed Practical Nurse
Date: May 3, 2021
GLFHC is currently seeking bi-lingual (Spanish/ English) Registered Nurses and/or Licensed Practical Nurses to provide the highest quality care to our patients. Full time positions are immediately available throughout our clinical sites.
Scope of Duties:
- Has excellent assessment skills and is able to perform triage on walk-in patients using available guidelines and asking for assistance when needed.
- Safely administers and accurately documents immunizations and medications. Is able to perform nursing procedures. This includes IV insertion after training and validation.
- Recognizes, assesses and takes immediate action in acute and crisis situations, both patient and environmental. Able to handle emergencies, assists clinicians in stabilization of patient, and follow agency clinical emergency response procedure. Demonstrates ability to think clearly and arrive at sound conclusions. Demonstrates a clear understanding of importance of advocating for the patient and family.
- Has a working knowledge of telephone triage. Makes sound decisions based on tools available and uses good nursing judgment. Clearly documents findings and advice to the patient in the medical record.
- Reviews lab results as they come in and determines need for immediate notice to a provider for action. Makes note of any action taken by nurse. When requested by provider will call patient to tell them results or to request a repeat of a test.
- Listens and responds to verbal and non-verbal communication of patients, families and staff members. Relates to patients in a non-judgmental and caring manner. Assists providers in communication with patients, including medical interpretation/ translation as needed.
- Is aware and follows OSHA standards, including those for Blood Borne Pathogens, at all times. Identifies potential safety hazards and takes action to remedy these situations.
- MUST be bilingual (English / Spanish)
- Must be a graduate of an accredited nursing program
- Current Massachusetts License in Registered Nursing or License in Practical Nursing
- Current BLS certifications MSG Staffing offers industry leading benefits for contract assignments which include:
Competitive salary ,negotiable based on relevant experience
Paid time accrued (PTA)
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
401K plan with employer contribution
This role may include generous Referral Bonuses (varies from each position referred, and there’s no limit to the referrals you can make!)